Pain Summit Online
Presentations delivered from expert clinicians and pain researchers at San Diego Pain Summit conferences, 2018 - present.
Clinical Pain Education
Keep updated on current pain research and clinical frameworks.
Elevate Your Practice
Credible information found in one place.
Pain Management Education At Home
Conveniently learn from the comfort of home.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "I have now listened to most of the lectures and feel my clinical practice has taken on a much more well-rounded, Biopsychosocial approach. I also feel that the Summit gave me many new practitioners to follow on social media so I can continue my learning." - Matt Foster, a lead Physical Therapist for Barnes Jewish West County Hospital’s Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation
Online Clinical Pain Management Education
Includes access to all future conference presentations!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐"San Diego Pain Summit Online is a remarkable resource for clinicians interested in updating their understanding of pain and clinical skills. The interdisciplinary catalog of speakers is a virtual who’s who of the physical therapy and pain world, and the topics cover the spectrum from science to clinical application, with a strong emphasis on person centered care." - Keith Roper, Doctor of Physical Therapy
Here's a short video of what Pain Summit Online looks like once you've logged into your product account.
Access to Pain Summit Online includes:
- Professionally recorded presentations
- Citations, biographies, handouts (if applicable)
- Downloadable slides (if speaker allowed sharing)
- Watch anywhere on any device (with WiFi)
- Instant access when future conference presentations are uploaded
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "During the COVID lockdown, I was introduced to the San Diego Pain Summit Online. It is a great repository of contemporary information through interesting presentations by engaging and informed speakers. Learning about pain and how to better understand the patient experience has changed how I practice." - Murray Townsend, Chiropractor
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐"San Diego Pain Summit always has fantastic presenters. I attended the live stream in 2019 and I loved it so much that I signed up for access to all of past Summits online. I listen to the talks while I run and I learn something clinically applicable each time. I even go back and re-listen to my favorites!" - Jennifer Carr, Physical Therapist
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐"Pain Summit Online has helped my Massage Therapy practice by keeping me updated on pain science, from the comfort of my home in Toronto! Thank you for making these presentations available online." - Tiina Veer, Registered Massage Therapist
Pain Summit Online contains the following conference presentations.
Includes instant access to future conference presentations.
2021 SD Virtual Pain Summit
- Jackie Walumbe - Just get on with it”- an exploration of the ideological, interventional and experiential meanings of self-management of chronic pain
- Dr. Nathan Hutting - Do It Yourself (DIY): Self-management support
- Annie O’Conner - Pain Is Complex But It Doesn't Have To Be Complicated
- Dr. Biafra Ahanonu - Illuminating neural circuit dynamics of pain processing with in vivo imaging and computational techniques
- Blaise Doran - Managing persistent pain in young people: Assembling the physical, psychological, social through the philosophical
- Sheren Gaulbert - What Is Really Being Communicated? Recognizing Incongruencies In Clinical Interactions
- Keynote Dr. Melanie Noel - Trauma and Pain: An Inter-generational Problem
- Linda Crawford - Do, Feel, Think--Humanizing the Pain Experience: An Occupational Therapy Perspective
- Michael Amato - Pain and Attention: Focusing on the Lived Body
- Paul McCambridge -Implementation Of Clinical Guidelines - The Big Problem
- Keynote Dr. John Launer - Conversations Inviting Change: Narrative-Based Practice in Health Care
- Dr. Rachel Zoffness - CBT for Chronic Pain: Bridging the Gap between Medicine & Psychology
- Dr. Richard McIlmoyle - Stop searching for the Sasquatch. Throwing time, money and effort on mechanistic predictors for responders to manipulation is a mythical journey
- Amy Eicher - A Tale Of Two Stories, Our Needs & Their Needs: The Power Of Words & How We Affect Conditions For Healing In Chronic Pain Patients
2020 SD Virtual Pain Summit
- Dr. Timothy Wideman - How to think about pain– toward a person-centered perspective
- Dr. Tim Salomons - Biomarkers of Vulnerability and Resilience to Pain
- Dr. Catherine Siengsukon - The Relationship Between Sleep and Pain: What To Do?
- Dr. Felicity Braithwaite - The Magic Of Placebo
- Laura Rathbone - What about us? How psychologically flexible are we?
- Dr. Michael Ray - Pain: Exploring the Human Experience
- Devra Sheldon - Persistent Pain: Shame and Stigma in Clinical Encounters
- Dr. Sandy Hilton - Mind The Gap
- Dr. Jason Silvernail - Difficult Conversations and Patient Noncompliance
- Kathryn Gloor - Seek First to Understand
- Dr. Philip Austin - Virtual Reality For The Treatment Of Chronic Pain Disorders
- Keynote Dr. Tasha Stanton - Targeting Pain From Many Angles
2020 San Diego Pain Summit
- Keynote Dr. Melanie Noel - Remembering the Pain of Childhood
- Diarmuid Denneny - Psychologically Informed Practice: Beyond The Two Day Workshop
- Lars Avemarie - The Future of Pain Rehabilitation
- Dr. Neil O'Connell - Low Back Pain: What Have Clinical Guidelines Done For Us?
- Cory Blickenstaff - The Next Edge of Interaction
- Dr. Marcos Lopez - Clouded Hope: Our Role In Addressing Opioid Use Disorder
- Erik Ouellet - Deconstructing Palpation: The Illusion of Touch
- Ben Cormack - Making Moving Person Centered
- Joletta Belton & Keith Meldrum - The Lived Experience: A Conversation About Pain
- Jamie Lowy - Chronic Pain Management In Low Income And Homeless Populations: When Uncertainty Is The New Normal
- Dr. Jarod Hall - Becoming A Responsible Human Interactor
- Dr. David Walton - Blood, Spit, Hair, and Poop: How Novel Biomarkers Are Shedding New Light On The Transition To Chronic Pain
- Dr. Sandy Hilton, Dr. Maxi Miciak, Dr. Mark Milligan, & Dr. Uchenna Ossai, Know It, Own It, Change It - Transforming the Way We Think and Do Health and Health Care for the Good of All
2019 San Diego Pain Summit
- Keynote Dr. Antonio Damasio - About The Psychology of Feeling
- Dr. Maxi Miciak - ‘Being’ Begets ‘Doing’: Establishing the Conditions Necessary for Cultivating Therapeutic Relationships
- Sharna Prasad - As Providers What We Say Matters...Matters A Lot
- Dr. Mark Bishop - You, Them, Us: What You Expect Is What You Get
- Shelly Prosko - A Case for Compassion in Pain Care
- Dr. Karen Davis - Are We Ready To Translate Research Into Practice?
- Dr. Tim Beames - Evidence For Altered Body Perception In Pain
- Keith Waldron - In Pursuit of a Premise
- Pain: The Patient’s Perspective - 2019
- Dr. Sandy Hilton & Dr. Mark Milligan - Even Superheroes Need a Hand
2018 San Diego Pain Summit
- Keynote Dr. Neil O'Connell - Negotiating The Evidence Maze In Persistent Pain
- Dr. Mark Milligan - Implementing Pain Science Education Into Clinical Practice
- Dr. Greg Lehman - When Biomechanics DOESN'T Matter: A Choose Your Own Adventure Lecture
- Dr. Sarah Haag - Pregnancy Does Not Equal Pain
- Dr. Laura Simons & Dr. Rikard Wicksell - Fear In Chronic Pain: Mechanisms & Effective Treatment
- Mike Stewart - More Than Words: How Can We Help People Express Their Experience Of Pain?
- Dr. A. Vania Apkarian - The Brain In Chronic Pain
- Patient Perspective Panel
- Dr. Bahram Jam - The Pain Truth & Nothing But: Simplifying Pain Education
- Dr. Nicolas V. Karayannis - Cultivating Mindfulness and Compassion In Our Lives
- Dr. Mark Kargela - The Patient's Story: The Science Behind The Story
- Dr. Christopher Caldwell - Serenity Amidst Pushback