How to Prevent Burnout for Healthcare Practitioners
Even Superheroes Need A Hand
Presented by Dr. Sandy Hilton and Dr. Mark Milligan at the 2019 San Diego Pain Summit
Healthcare providers often hesitate to seek care for their own well being and suffer high rates of depression and burnout. Suicide is higher among MD's, residents, dentists, and nurses compared to the general population. Burnout and insufficient self care are risk factors for depression and for suicide.
This session provides attendees with information and resources to facilitate self care, identify professional and community resources, and promotes a better understanding of the stresses we all are under.
Enjoy this free presentation- one of over 60 hrs of pain research and education that you will discover on Pain Summit Online.
(note: free videos don't include slides, handouts, bio's, or citations, those are accessible when you join Pain Summit Online)
Access to Pain Summit Online includes:
- 60+ hrs of pain education and research
- Citations, biographies, handouts (if applicable)
- Downloadable slides (if speaker allowed sharing)
- Watch anywhere on any device (w/WiFi)
- Instant access when future conference presentations are uploaded